Phillips Equine is just 5 minutes South of Hamilton City, 10 minutes from Cambridge and Hamilton International Airport.
Located in the peaceful country atmosphere of Matangi, our unique property offers a very safe environment.
Phillips Equine is an all round purpose built horse facility, primarily set up for educating and training of horses.
Set on 50 acres of beautiful sandy loam soil, the stables are situated 1 km from the road entrance. With no road frontage, it creates a quiet, private and secure environment for both horses and people.
- 1000 metre all weather pumice sand training track.
Great for fitness and fast gallops
- Inside grass track
- Purpose built 40 x 60 metre all weather arena.
Complete with show jumps and dressage markers
- 40 x 40 metre all weather arena.
Great for just starting out, or on green horses
- Starting gates
- Tie up building
- Round Pens
- Horse Walker
- Roomy 6 x 4 metre box stalls, with shavings.
To accommodate habits of all horses, boxes are both open plan or closed-in style
- All weather sand yards (10 x 10 metres)
- Wash down area, tack room, feed room, and tea room
- Range of 30 small and large secure paddocks
- Jumping hurdles
- Cross country logs
- Horse treatments - horse massage, and horse physio techniques are used by trained staff
- 24 hour equine veterinary care - available to all horses
- 3 bedroom self-contained house. Hotel California, sleeps up to 11 people and overlooks the larger arena. It is complete with toilet, bathroom, shower, kitchen, lounge and log fire. The main office is also situated here.
- Owners living on site
- Horse transport trucks - We own a 6 horse truck and a 4 horse truck
We are able to offer horses in training the best of both worlds, with a relaxed farm environment, complimented by the best facilities on offer Cambridge Jockey Club, just 15 kms away.
At Cambridge Track we utilize:
- equine swimming pool
- several sand and plough tracks - under lights
- weighing scales
- jumping hurdles
- jump outs and trials (flat and jumping) - we attend several times a month.
Hire of Facilities
Sick of nowhere to work your own horse?
Come Horse Riding at our place!
Whether you're riding a young 'baby' or an experienced 3 day eventer.
Our horse riding facilities are made to cope with Waikato's harshest weather conditions.
Visit our awesome horse riding facilities today!
- Monthly $90 (inc gst) - as many times as you like with your own horse
- Casual $20 (inc gst) - with your own horse
- Grazing $80 / week
Choose where to ride:
- One of our round pens (14m or 16m diameter)
- Small all weather arena (30 x 40m)
- Large all weather arena (40 x 70m - complete with show jumps)
Dressage markers, bending poles, polo sticks etc also available
- 1000m training track - great for fitness and fast gallops
- Cross country jumps and hurdles